cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 38

BT Fibre 2 Uploadspeed?

Hi, I recently got a order with BT for the BT Fibre 2 Package and with the confirmation email of speeds etc it shows my estimated upload should be 8-9mbs? Only problem i have with that is that Sky currently gives me 17mbs upload? If anyone knows if this is just an estimate or something?

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

Re: BT Fibre 2 Uploadspeed?

Enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 38

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The number i checked currently doesn't allow me to do the phone number test, But it allows me to do the address one. Is that fine?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 38

DJ4ytf8

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 38

You probably need to progress the order and when complete then try 0800800030 and upgrade to fibre 2

Fibre 2 is certainly available but maybe problem with your phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 38

I should probably have clarified, I'm adding an additional phone line for another broadband (Currently have sky for the rest of the people in my house) I completed the order via phone with a salesman and the email/tracking my order shows BT Fibre 2, After checking the the email about the engineer coming out to fit the phone line etc i noticed it only shows 8-9mbps estimated upload speed. I'm not sure how that's possible when i'm currently getting 16-18mbps upload via sky?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

You should get between 75/57mb down sspeed according to dslchecker results   the SKY  speeds appear to be adsl2 connection not FTTC

Message 8 of 38

So how do i know if the BT Fibre 2 will be FTTC or not?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

You can see what is available from the dslchecker - VDSL connection.

Did you make sure BT were aware this was a new line not takeover of existing SKY connection

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 38

This is what my order summary states;

Fibre 2

I was sure to tell them that this is an additional line that would be installed for the internet, What i don't understand is i thought that BT would be the decider of if the phone line was VDSL or ADSL? New to this whole thing as i've never looked into this before. Appreciate it!

0 Ratings