cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: BT Fibre 2 Uploadspeed?

When you were ordering from BT was there any mention of digital voice to your phone connection.

Have you had confirmation of your order?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

there was no mention of digital voice to my phone connection, Maybe because i ordered it to be broadband only?

Yes, I have had the confirmation email of my order.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

If you have order confirmation showing you are getting fibre 2 then I would expect 75/57mb connection speed. Do you just have adsl connection from SKY?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

How do i check if i currently have ADSL or VDSL? thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 38

Just phone sky customer service and ask but from speed you quoted previously that is adsl2 speeds as fibre should be same as BT asSKY also use the openreach network

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 38

Fibre 2 is 80/20, if the current Sky service delivers approx 17Mb upload, the BT service should be similar, but it’s possible that having 2 VDSL services on adjacent copper pairs could have a detrimental effect and possibly reduce the 17Mb from Sky ( you won’t know until it’s in )….if BT estimated upload is much less then it’s nothing to be concerned about , both services are on identical VDSL kit , and presumably the copper pair length , and ‘quality’ will be broadly similar, so the service provided will be similar….

As already indicated , the Sky service being migrated to BT is the concern ( and the second line not provided ) …keep an eye out for any ‘sorry you are leaving’ comms from Sky , if nothing turns up like that then a second line order has been raised , and it should perform pretty much the same as the existing service 

Message 17 of 38

But DSL Checker shows i have FTTC and VDSL capability? Surely when they install the new line to my house it will be VDSL?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

FTTC and VDSL are the same thing, ADSL is delivered from the exchange ( it isn’t fibre to the cab ) and isn’t called ‘fibre’, and speeds are much slower ( typically 10-17Mb download ) your order is for FTTC 

Message 19 of 38

I should probably have clarified, I'm adding an additional phone line for BT Fibre 2 for personal use. (Keeping Sky for the family) So i'm having a new phone line installed also, So with them installing a new line surely they'd just use VDSL for better speeds? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 38

If you have ail confirmation from BT that you are getting FTTC installed then from dslchecker results you posted I would expect speed range 75/57mb

I would also check with SKY as you should be able to get FTTC from SKY with about same speed as BT but that is up to you

0 Ratings