Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Go to solution

Hey team,

I upgraded to Fibre 900 recently

Download is fine, but when using the Smart Hub 2, upload is still locked to my old package upload (50-70mbps) and the BT speed test in the app confirms that upload speed.

If i dial a PPPoE connection directly on my pc to the ONT box the result is still the same

download is fine, it doesn't make sense that it's a performance issue on the Smart Hub 2, and makes me suspect there is some kind of throttling going on with the hub

speed.png

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Go to solution

There's re numerous posts like your if you search forum. You just need to wit a few days for up sped to correct itself. It appears to be slow whereas down is correct at outset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Yeah I have checked the other posts and none have a proper fix and some people still have the issue and others work fine I've had this package for a few weeks now and still the same issue 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Murphh95 I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your broadband speed, the moderation team will be happy to help and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details.

We're very busy at the moment so it may take us longer than usual to respond.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

The issue is now resolved I had a open reach engineer out today due to my upload speed being capped at 50mb on the 900mb package and the engineer contacted open reach technical team who advised my profile package with open reach was setup incorrectly which put a cap on the package and the adviser on open reach side did something on their end and now up getting around 110 upload from 50mb so when contacting BT advise them to contact open reach regarding this issue and to check your profile is setup correctly with open reach

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Murphh95,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

I'm glad the engineer was able to help.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@PaddyB  Is this the actual reason for the upload issue rather than a setting in the hub or was it just in this case?

It would be good to know what the issue is when it occurs along the lines of openess and transparancy. That is all customers ask for after all.

Thinking further, if using a third party hub solves the problem then the Openreach engineer was clearly wrong.

It would be good to know exactly what the issue is as it is not confined to BT but also affects some EE customers.

Oh wait, it's the same hub with different GUI. Same firmware?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi just upgraded to BT 900, I too am facing upload throttling speed issues. Download is perfect but upload seems to be stick between 50-72mbps max. Any ideas if my router need parameters sent also? My routers been on and stable for 6 days now and no change. Any ideas how I can fix this as I should be getting 900/110.

Not sure how to get hold of a Moderator to escalate my issue. 

Cheers in Advance 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @sheuho1 welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're upload hasn't improved after upgrading your package. I've sent you a private message so you can send your details over to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi this is just a quick update and a big shout out to NeilO who managed to sort and solve my BT 900 Upload speed issue. I am no getting expected upload and download speeds.

NeilO has been amazing since picking up my initial message on this post and wanted to say a big thank you to you and all that have responded to my queries.

Many thanks and all the best Sheu.