cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Full Fibre 900 (not exactly true..?) Fault? or???

Go to solution
On phone now, will get back to you.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution
ok phones up (1st caller was rather nasty and said 3rd party routers don't work with full 900 fibre then he said he's right and i said you're wrong in the end i hung up what a nasty piece of work.

(2nd caller)

Lovely young woman, she did speed tests for me and said you are getting 945mbps and i told her not even close so she said she will get an engineer visit next week.

So Good good.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

If you have a laptop capable of using 1GB speed , connect it directly to the ONT with an ‘standard’ RJ45 and set up a PPPoE session and measure speed , if it’s fine ( and it may well be ) then you have proved that your FTTP is fine and whatever the issue is , isn’t down to your ISP .

FWIW , it’s a Gb connection but marketed as 900Mb so that those getting around 960Mb , ( the speed a speed tester would show due to ‘overheads’ ) will think it’s better than promised, rather than disappointed at getting 40Mb less than 1GB , 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution
I've got 50m of CAt5E LAYING AROUND, so i might hook that up to the router to my PC (upstairs)

I do wonder is it because i'm using powerline adapters.

but the PS3/4/5 Are direct connected to the router and most i got was 200/ish mbps

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

It could easily be a power line adapter problem so you need to try direct with ethernet from ONT to PC and run btspeedtester or fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

As above I would ditch the powerline adapters, I have never seen them do any more than about 150-200Mbps

You will never see 900Mbps or close to it, unless the latest ones have dramatically improved.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
Yeah i'll be sorting out the 50m CAT5e tmrz from router upstairs to PC see if that works.

Power Line Adapters could be the bottle neck.
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

OK it was THE POWERLINE Adapters..... just found a spare 30m CAT5e and got 927MBPS 

Good good 

thx for the help guys!
Cheers!!!

Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

That's brilliant news @Lithtech.

Thanks to everyone that posted.

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution
Yeah wish BT should advised people not to use powerline adapter. These are nasty of bottleneck.
0 Ratings