cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Constant dropping connection FF900 halo3

Got FF900 installed recently but having drop outs a couple of times a day and most days.

Long story short Ive always been with bt and experienced these issues when I had infinity 2. Usually in the evenings when multiple people connected on phones (not gaming) approx 40mbps DL

Thought FF900 would solve my woes but even with approx 500mbps DL 90mbps UL it still drops out. (950mbps DL 150mbpsUL to house) Blue light still on solid but speed drops to zero. Restart router and everything is fine. Pretty much have to do this every day. Openreach been out 4/5 times. BT techs been out several times. No one knows what’s wrong

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Constant dropping connection FF900 halo3

If the hub lights stay blue and lights on ONT remain green then it suggests your internet connection is ok .  Are you connecting your devices using wireless and if so have you tried using an ethernet. Connection and see if that device has a connection problem like the WiFi devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Dbug and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your connection, sorry you're having a few problems. Can you check if the lights change when the drops happen? Can you give us more detail on your set up? Are you using extenders or wifi discs?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hub light never changes from blue. (Never checked the ont but I will) I’ll connect something via Ethernet when I get a drop out next. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I’ve got 2 halos.

Openreach were out AGAIN yesterday. Still showing nothing external that would be causing the problem 

Disconnected all Ethernet devices from router. Switched off TP link that was nearby and we’ll see how that goes. If no dropouts then I’ll reintroduce connected devices one by one and see if anything gives me a dropout 

0 Ratings