cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Hub 6A - Dropped link, slow download, crackly phone line

Go to solution

@NeilO I was not asking you (BT) to request it, thanks for responding anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

It will be standard pricing, there is no discount per se for a second line. You may be able to negotiate a deal though if you call sales 0800 800150

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Noise margin has changed again:

djvoas_0-1656950033236.png

What does that indicate?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Your noise margin will fluctuate as your line condition changes as does your max attainable but does not mean anything as far as your connection is concerned hence why connection speed is still the same and hub has not lost connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

That you still have a line fault that hasn't been fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Helpful comments only would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

From my master socket back to the telegraph pole there is one junction box where the incoming line splits to my property and  next door. Line goes underground and up the pole to another junction box, and then back to another junction box on a different pole. Next door is also complaining of occasional slow speeds, so lets see what open reach diagnose. My guess is a poor joint in one or all of the junction boxes, perhaps the boxes are not watertight, causing a short to earth....

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@djvoas wrote:

Helpful comments only would be appreciated.

In what way was my comment unhelpful, it was a statement of fact in reply to your question. Nobody here can wave a magic wand and fix the fault, it will take an Openreach engineer to diagnose and fix on site.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Kind of thought that given I have a fault on my line, hence me posting here and that open reach are yet to attend to fix the fault that it did not really need restating that I have a fault on my line that needs fixing. Your comment re magic wand, is again not particularly constructive.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

But if you know that you have a fault that needs fixing what's the point of asking the question.

0 Ratings