cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Routing not updated - Im about to have a breakdown!

Go to solution

Please can somebody help me?

My order for Fibre Broad band was cancelled because there was an open reach routing wrong preventing order so im the only house of 10 on adsl - I  have had 2 engineers now phone the new routing to open reach but still BT havent had the update even though yesterday it was phoned through live and open reach updated it there and then - there is space in the box - I just want fibre out of 12 days of being on ADSL i have had 6 days with faults and non existant speed (I couldnt even use the app to pay my bill of 47 pounds to BT on Monday) Please can someone help get this resolved today? I was told last night it would update overnight and guess what???? no chance. Im isolating at home and cant even use my portal to phone my mum and see my grandkids - I also work from home.  I just want my fibre like everyone else and the lady who was in this house prior to me. The box isnt full - there is 3 lines free (2 from Saturday as over the road has just moved in ) . I have had 2 faults fixed in a week and yesterday open reach installed new fibre ready for me in the house (the previous socket had a fault) he said all it will take is BT to place order and they can switch me on (Of course i need a new BT box)

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Routing not updated - Im about to have a breakdown!

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Hi Sorry these tests have been done yesterday and last week by openreach..
I have had engineers do this and confirm Fibre is there ready for me as this house had it previously - the issue is open reach not sending update to BT or BT just not updating their system to get Fibre-- every address on this street (40 year old bungalows) has had fibre for 3 years there is space in the cabinet so its not full either - 3 engineers have confirmed everything but someone somewhere isnt updating their end. THough I know Open reach has updated their end as the engineer phoned routing and they changed it on the system there and then at 1pm yesterday - took 30 mins to confirm the tests. SO i need BT to chase up their end so i can place order.
ADSL i will need repairs weekly as speed drops below 1mpb and i cant do my job on that speed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

If you can provide the information from the database, as requested by @imjolly , then it should become clearer, as it will indicate which cabinet you are connected to,

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

There is nothing BT Retail can do about the routing, as that is down to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi its 26

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Open reach updated it but bt are not getting the update 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@SuzyFoxHarper wrote:

Hi its 26

That means nothing without the name of the exchange. There is also no guarantee you are actually connected to that cabinet, as its not unknown for houses in a road to be split, especially if there is more than one pole in your road.  You could also be on an exchange only connection.

As I have said, it has nothing to do with BT Retail, all they do is to pass the provision work to Openreach. It Openreach that provide the routing, and will not change it. If you already have service, then the route has already been determined. BT cannot ask it to be changed.

If you will not provide the full details, after editing out your phone number, then this customer to customer help forum cannot help, as we are all just customers.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry im on my mobile I took a screen shot of it but wouldn't let me post it as its too big..I have tried to show you but don't know how to paste it ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@SuzyFoxHarper wrote:

Sorry im on my mobile I took a screen shot of it but wouldn't let me post it as its too big..I have tried to show you but don't know how to paste it ?

Use the camera icon on the editor and select the image.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
Telephone Number 0155 on Exchange LANARK is served by Cabinet 26
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2--1 to 3.5AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 2Up to 0.51 to 3.5AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 1.5--1 to 2.5AvailableAvailable--
0.5----AvailableAvailableYes
0.5----Available----
Observed Speeds ADSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2020-09-23
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
N
N
16-09-2020
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings