cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart hub 2 FTTP

Go to solution

Is there anything stopping me  configuring the new BT Smart Hub 2, I've received,   to all my devices  that are currently connected on my old hub, before FTTP is installed my house ?

Configuring like port forwarding, changing Wifi name etc.

So on the day of install all I have to do is plug in the new hub into the OTN.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart hub 2 FTTP

Go to solution

Nothing at all, you can swap it over and use it now on FTTC and then just disconnect the DSL port from the master socket and connect LAN port 4 to the ONT when you move to FTTP

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Provided no one is doing anything critical, there's no harm in trying it.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Look's like I wouldn't be able to connect the new Hub2 to my old master socket prior to FTTP installation. It has a different socket for the broadband , than my current hub and BT didn't supply a cable.
Could I still do some of the configuration ie change password, WiFi name etc ?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

yes just connect hub to power and connect to hub with ethernet cable then make your changes so that when FTTP ready so is hub

there is no need for internet connection to make these changes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I don't understand, the DSL socket on your old hub will be exactly the same as the DSL socket on your new hub, just use the existing cable.

You don't connect to the RJ45 LAN  port until you have been moved to FTTP.

For FTTC, the broadband connection is master socket to hub Rj11 DSL socket. For FTTP, the broadband connection is ONT RJ45 socket to hub LAN port 4 RJ45 socket.

0 Ratings