cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Smarthub 2 disconnecting

My BT Smarthub 2 keeps disconnecting.  When the hub disconnects it Flashes orange then eventually goes to stable orange then goes to stable blue

This takes around 10 minutes for the hub to reconnect again.

I can't seem to get an answer directly from BT and I have had many engineers but they can't find a problem.  The hub usually disconnects several times in the evening!

I just don't know what to do!!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Smarthub 2 disconnecting

Probably a damaged ONT, check the pins on it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.  Please can you explain?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I assumed you had full fibre broadband, the ONT is the small white box they install to connect you via the fibre line outside your home 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I do not have full fibre! This is not available at my property.  At the moment I just have Fibre with Halo 3

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Do you have a dial tone on the phone line? You could have a noisy line that is causing the broadband disconnections. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Unfortunately, the many engineers have not been diligent enough to resolve your problem. It seems to be a common theme I'm afraid.

Message 8 of 12

I’ve had similar issues, a couple of external faults were found and fixed and a new Smart Hub 2 supplied, but still the drops continued with up to 20 a day last week and no faults found on the line.

I was wondering if there was anything else I could do internally and realised whilst I changed the hub I didn’t change the original power supply to the new one, so I changed it over and low and behold, stable connection.

It still disconnects around 6 AM briefly, but speed returns to normal and I am not seeing the frequent disconnects through the day as I was previously, although it has only been a couple of days.

Have BT offered to swap out your hardware? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

If the problem is only happening in the evening, is there a piece of electrical equipment that is turning off and on that could be causing interference/surges with your electrical circuit. It could be something like a heating boiler.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I am really not sure, the oil boiler is on a timer and thermostat so once the temperature has been reached I think the heating will go off.  If this is the cause of the hub disconnecting any idea what I could do about this?

0 Ratings