cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

FTTP availability

The BT Openreach system says FTTP is not available to me and they don’t know when it will be!

Last week a BT Openreach engineer was working on the fibre system at the end of my drive and told me that there was no reason at all why I could not have FTTP ! 
I live in a house that has a short service which is directly ducted to a BT underground access point where there is a fibre splitter. It could very easily be replaced with fibre to the house! My next door but one neighbour is in the same position exactly and is also keen to get FTTP.

But still the computer says no! BT Openreach will not speak to me directly and BT as service provider tell me they can do nothing. I asked if BT could arrange  a visit to site so that hopefully it can be cleared up but Openreach have refused to do that!

Frustrating as it is I don’t know what else I  can do. Many of my neighbours have access to FTTP even my next door neighbour has it. They are in some cases supplied overhead but the fibre runs underground to feed the overhead system too.

I would welcome any suggestions on how I can get BT Openreach to see common sense and engage in this.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: FTTP availability

Enter your address and post results and do the same for your neighbour who can get FTTP. 

There is no longer a BT OPENREACH. It is no just Openreach 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Need to contact BT Openreach directly

Hi, can anyone advise me how I can communicate with BT Openreach directly? My service provider tried to do so on my behalf but it seems they were unwilling to resolve my issue. I am shocked that BT as my service provider can be so easily fobbed off over what is a very simple issue! That leaves me nowhere to go now!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Re: Need to contact BT Openreach directly

If you explain what the issue is as a BT Consumer customers then the forum members maybe able to help.

Openreach, a infrastructure provider used by 600+ other providers, can only deal with your service provider for issues concerning your connection.

Your service provider, BT Consumer, can get in direct contact with Openreach via the normal process to receive updates from them on any job orders to do with your connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Snoozerjcs,

That's something that we need to do on your behalf.

Your contract is with BT and our contract is with our suppliers which is Openreach. We need to do everything within our power to help. Can you let me know what exactly is the issue?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi Daniel,

We live near to Sleaford in LIncs. As there are two of us working from home we would like to be able to upgrade our internet to FTTP for greater bandwidth and stability. So I have been looking out for it to be available to us by checking on the OR website. I also have my name on the list to be contacted and OR say they have no plans to introduce it soon! 2 weeks ago I saw an engineer working on the network at the top of my drive so asked him about the network. He said that he was working on a fibre splitter and I watched him terminating the fibre whilst in an underground BT bunker. He said that the 4 houses next to where he was working were all ducted back to this point and could be connected to the FTTP network if the existing copper services were replaced by fibre. The existing services were installed when the houses were built around 2 years previously. Many of the other properties in the immediate vicinity it seems are supplied overhead from an underground feed but CAN get FTTP including my immediate next door neighbour. A house last week across the road was supplied underground with FTTP. But for us it seems because the computer says no Then no service provider can offer it to us. BT requested that OR survey the site but OR flatly refused! I really don’t know how this can be resolved unless OR can engage.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks have already done that and computer says yes for them and no for us!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

then try phoning FTTP Team and see if they can help if neighbour has FTTP 08005874787  if redirected to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 11

Thanks I will give that number a try.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Daniel, I sent details but the info seems to have disappeared! So I will try again. At my property I want to get FTTP. I am told by an Openreach engineer that there is no reason at all why I cannot get it as fibre is available where my copper service terminates and there is a duct to that location! The short service could be replaced by fibre. The problem is that the Openreach system still says it is not available so no service provider can provide it to me! Other properties have it on my street and I cannot even speak to Openreach to get them to amend their system details! BT simply say computer says no so there is nothing they can do! Please can you help me contact Openreach so common sense is allowed to prevail?

0 Ratings