cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Wholesale Checker

Go to solution

Hi There 

Recently the poles have been erected and all blocks attached with fibre running to them, Now on the wholesale checker it is saying FTTP On demand 1000mb download instead of 330mb, I am under the assumption they are now testing the network and it could be available soon? Has anyone else seen this before and can shed some light? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Wholesale Checker

Go to solution

From CBTs and Fibre DPs being installed on poles to them being live and able to place an order can vary in terms of timelines. It could be a few weeks or 12+ months. It all depends what over works are needed to connect it all up further up the infrastructure. 

Best to just keep an eye on https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/ until it shows as WBC FTTP being available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, 

This is the information currently provided so I think the fibre is back to the exchange. Really hope its soon as my current upload is 3.9mb and with a modern home we rely on internet so much at the moment.

CHADZUKO_0-1665318924085.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

just shows FTTC still so need to keep checking.  the exchange has nothing to do with FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for the information I will just keep checking as normal was just because the 1000mb appeared thought I was a little closer! 

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

For my own personal experience I waited 5 days from showing 1GB FoD to changing to WBC FTTP I am currently waiting for my install in 2 weeks.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Brilliant hope I am the same, You must be buzzing!

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
It might be coming soon if the fibre has been attached from the poles to the building as well.

It varies in each case, but suddenly the Wholesale checker (and the ISP website) just changes to show "FTTP available". A most glorious sight and suddenly you're in a whole new ball game!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, I am looking forward to this day!

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

That’s it available and ordered now. 

0 Ratings