cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT broadband blue light but no internet

The internal smart hub gui site (http://192.168.1.254) does not require external Internet access for it to be viewed. As long as your device is successful connected to it.

If that site is not loading then suggests the issue is between your device and the smart hub 2.

To also note the hybrid connect does not have its own WiFi capability, it needs to work with the smart hub 2 and acts as a fallback to connect to the mobile network when the smart hub 2 's main connection is down.

To illuminate WiFi can you try connecting via wired ethernet connection?

Does your device get a valid IP address assigned to it?

Check your WiFi and ethernet driver configuration settings 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Did you ever find out what was wrong? My box was doing the same thing (solid blue but no internet) after dropping out every few minutes. BT sent me a new hub but that ones doing the same thing too. Engineers already been out & said there's nothing wrong with the line.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

yes mine has done the same Can anyone find out what is causing it thought it was the PCs but even the phones didnt connect

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@Ron5 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're having connection problems, have you tried a factory reset on the Hub?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Yes - it does **bleep** all good. Problem is BT, they have introduced AU, Artificial Unintelligence, by employing muppets with scripts that understand less than I do about IT! Bet the CEO gets a big pay rise for getting the salary bill down!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hmm, joined the forum just to post that?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

I've had this happen before. It's actually just happened again this morning so thought I'd post in case it helps anyone out.

I have a BT Hub 6 and I use the rear ethernet connectors to connect to an ethernet port housed in a cupboard. From this port, I run Cat5 under the house to connect the TV, Sky, and a few outlets for the PC and Laptops.

One of the Cat5 cables runs to a DVR which I use for CCTV. This little bad boy is the reason my WiFi did not work this morning. Everything was disconnected... Google Hub, Alexa, Philips Hue hub.

As soon as I pull the ethernet cable from the CCTV DVR, the WiFi pings back in to life.

I had the same symptoms. Blueight but no WiFi anywhere.

I had an engineer on the phone the last time it happened and he took over my laptop which was connected directly to the hub via ethernet. He couldn't find anything wrong at all. Once I found out it was the CCTV causing the issue, I called him back to give him a heads up. Cable in... No WiFi. Cable out... WiFi... Repeat indefinitely 🤣

Anyhoo. Switching my CCTV DVR off for a few seconds and back on cured it.

If you have any ethernet cables connected to the hub, pull them out and give it a minute. 

0 Ratings