cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT business smart hub 2 and hybrid connect

Go to solution

Hi

My residential smarthub 2 died so borrowed a BT business SH2 from work that was lying about until my replacement arrives.  Plugged in my hybrid connect after resetting it and tried to set up using various LAN cables and it just sits there with the central EE light flashing blue. I've checked in the router gui and it says not paired and is flashing green in that menu.  Reset the router and the hybrid and still no joy.  The BSH2 is not in bridge mode and other than the hybrid device everything else works including two discs, internet etc.

Is a different hybrid device required for a business SH2

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT business smart hub 2 and hybrid connect

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @wenklaw,

Officially, the hybrid connect for residential service should only work with our residential Smart Hub 2. Even though they are very similar pieces of equipment, they each use their own custom firmware making the business Smart Hub 2 look as if it's a third party router, which aren't supported.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
thanks daniel, i was just curious. its fine for now as like i said wifi, discs, BTTV and internet all working fine.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

That's great to see @wenklaw.

I'm glad that you were able to get the Business Smart Hub 2 set up to work with your service.

Hopefully you get your replacement Smart Hub 2 soon. Any issues, drop me a line.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings