cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Deadlock - last resort

What did the ombudsman rule last time you had a deadlock letter?

Message 12 of 24

That’s basically correct, BT removed our connection to the cabinet in error. Eventually offered to restore our home internet via an overhead solution/distribution poles, and they would cover the cost, as this was all down to them. Sorry I do not know all the technical terms. 
now have backtracked and want us to pay (it was £4313 the last estimate I received, though this has increased from £1500 a couple of months ago so who knows what it will be next week)
as you say I am now at the mercy of this team who have now basically told me we are at the end of the road. Sadly there seems no more j can do. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

At that stage BT were still promising to fix so it was simply daily compensation (pretty pointless really).
I am not sure the ombudsman can really do much to resolve this so we probably just have to accept we no longer have home internet unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

At that stage BT were still promising to fix so it was simply daily compensation (pretty pointless really).
I am not sure the ombudsman can really do much to resolve this so we probably just have to accept we no longer have home internet unfortunately. I am actually so drained now by it all I no longer have the energy to continue….
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Ah well. Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

So how do these  extra poles etc , get around the lack of capacity at the FTTC cabinet ?, was the ‘solution’ to effectively provide you with new distribution from another FTTC cabinet that does have spare ports ?.

FWIW, BT cannot really offer solutions regarding new line-plant etc as it’s not really within their gift , it would be the same with Sky or Talk Talk , Openreach would have to offer a solution , but in the same way that someone asks for FTTC but is denied, because the FTTC cab is full , and basically that’s the end of the it, the consumer presumably can take an exchange based service ADSL2, and hope a port becomes spare ….in the case where due to an error someone loses FTTC and cannot be quickly restored to FTTC , then ADSL may be the solution…..legally ( I dare say ) the ISP ultimately saying sorry , ADSL or alternatively we can cancel your contract and you look at a totally different provider ( like mobile for example) is allowed.

There was a case ( I read somewhere ) a customer ordering ( native) FTTP was such a long way from the FTTP equipment that the install required the consumer to contribute to the install ( excess construction costs ) , they were unwilling to pay these  ECC ‘s , so asked to cancel FTTP and return to FTTC , but they couldn’t as the area was in a ‘stop sell’ for copper products , they were unable to go back onto copper .

Presumably you can take an ADSL solution..not ideal but unless you are a great distance from the exchange, presumably would be something , FTTC ports do become spare ( people moving out , bereavement, going to mobile only , changing to other network providers) so it may not be as quick as you would like but it’s not impossible that a port will become spare 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Can I ask….What is an ADSL solution? It’s not something I have been offered  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

That is what happened to us….we tried to get fibre which was apparently available at our address. The order appeared to be progressing, openreach engineer came out etc no mention of excess construction charges until they told us it would cost £1500. We said no thanks we will keep the service we have, but somewhere in the background our copper was mistakenly switched off before the fibre was installed. Apparently we were the only people this has ever happened to, according to the BT contact at the time!! Obviously not the case by the sound of it  

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

The solutions were being offered by openreach after yet more engineer visits…BT were simply offering to cover the cost of said solutions…until today that is…now backtracking 

0 Ratings