cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT refusal to upgrade my broadband to full fiber

Go to solution

Hello.

Not sure of the in & outs of whats happened to me, but I signed up for Halo3+ in November & was told I'd get a free guaranteed upgrade to fibre100 when it was installed. So I've seen that being installed like yourself over 1mth ago, the online checker said it should be live by summer if no issues arrive & I've since had an email last wk confirming its now live. So the day I got the email was the day I rang up for my free upgrade, except the system wouldn't let them process it, it wasn't showing as a free upgrade to them, but it shows on their website when you look at package information, so they've had to do a work around & I've had msgs telling me to return my hybrid connect, but been told to ignore them & they'll fix it from there side once everything is up & running. 

So maybe it's a package issue not showing the correct information to them on their side.

But check to see if you've had the email saying the fibre service is now live. If you haven't had that yet then open reach haven't finalised your local pole install.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone for your help, I was not aware of the checker and it has been the means of getting to the root of my problem.  Using the data I was able to confirm that my BT phone number and my actual home address have totally different service profiles. 

The reason apparently is that BT have me down with 2 addresses for the same property, the one of the previous owners and mine which was formally changed with Royal Mail (as recoginsed by every other supplier or official agency) about 10 years ago when I moved in.  They associate the phone number with the former owners address which obviously has never been updated by Openreach, as it does not exist, however my actual address has. 

Apparently I am a very rare case however it has taken them months to resolve and they would not have done anything if I had not kept pushing.  At this point can I thank two guys at BT call centre who finally listened to me and took some action.  I am told that everything I suspected about my service options is correct and that within 48 hours my profile will be updated and I can proceed to upgrade.

Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Glad you have finally got to the bottom of your issue, which is definitely a bizarre one for sure 😁

0 Ratings