cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

MSO (Major Service Outage) since 17th April & Counting

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any further experience of MSO? I'm on FFTP. So far the outage started on 17th, I've been given the 21st then 24th then 27th and then 28th (11am) as the fix, with the current status of "actively being worked on, no date on a fix" I've only ever been told it's an MSO, I'm not sure what's going on.

While I know it's Openreach dealing with the fault BT always seem to make out that it's impossible to get hold of and find out any information about what's going on?

Not sure if anyone else has any tips to get some sort of useful information out of BT and does it usually take this long?  Ofc service status says no faults etc, isn't until you call them up and they do a check do they find an MSO

Ben

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: MSO (Major Service Outage) since 17th April & Counting

Hi @Ben_R, sorry that your service has been off since the 17th April due to an MSO. 
Our supplier will be working hard to restore service. If you're still without service it would be best to call in for an update on the progress of the fault.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Ben_R ,

Further to @JohnC2 post. If you don't get any help calling our customer services guys on 150 post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks both, the issue just seems to be the lack of useful and consistent updates that I get from BT and that they get from Openreach, it's like BT are trying to get updates from some alien company rather than their supplier.

Whenever I speak to BT the best I get is they're (Openreach) working on it, somtimes I get a new fix date, othertimes I get the usual please wait 48hrs when the inevitable fix date comes and goes.

For example 28th at 11:15am was the last "fix" date, since then I've had 2 different answers, yesterday I was told they hope to have it fixed by midday today, when I spoke to BT again today I was told the 28th was the most recent fix date and to simply wait 48hrs.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Ben_R 

Thanks for posting back, with an MSO we are limited to what we can do but we can chase for updates and keep you informed.

I've sent you a private message asking for more details.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings