cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: Banded Broadband

Go to solution

obviously still in banded profile but as I posted before your stats don't show actual internet connection time.  if you are having stability problems with connection dropping then banding will not release

However as this has been going on for months I have asked mods to see if they can help with banding.  if line unstable then banding will be back again in days/weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Hi,

The line is completely stable, been running for 450 hours since last had power outage.

Prior to that it was about 3800 hours.

Ch4d_0-1702473711943.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

as I said before that shows system uptime which is time your router has been powered up not the length of time of your internet connection which is different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution
I have a Draytek Vigor 130 modem which is bridged through to a Draytek 2925ac router. The Vigor 130 never gets powered down.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

@Ch4d  you appear to be missing the point.

System powered time is irrelevant, it is broadband uptime that is the pertinent parameter.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

Quite possibly I'm not getting the point, but as I understand it the Vigor 130 maintains the internet connection as long as it remains powered. Other than that I'm not sure.

The Vigor 130 status shows system up time, this resets to zero if the modem is powered off or the internet socket is unplugged.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

The Vigor won't maintain the internet connection if the copper wire outside your house becomes disconnected. That is what we are trying to ascertain, not how long the modem is being powered. If your broadband line is unstable and is intermittently disconnecting it will cause DLM to act.

Message 18 of 28

Go to solution
Ok, seem that you mean.
The connection isn't dropping or retraining.
I suppose if line quality was an issue there would be interleaving delays, but its always fast path for upload and download.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

@Ch4d 

Just pondering if its a marketing move to force us onto FTTP as its available in my area?.

Why not switch to FTTP if it's available?  It removes all of these sync rate and banded profile issues, and you should be able to get a package that's a similar price to what you're currently paying.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution
I would at the drop of a hat.
Problem is its a company owned line and apparently BT only allow 3 year contracts for FTTP, currently its on a rolling monthly.
So really I'm just after optimising what's possible.
Also its only a matter of time before the copper switch-off comes into to play and BT may offer an upgrade package.
0 Ratings