cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Banded (DLM) for > 12 months. No faults. What are my options?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been capped at 35Mb (download), before this would be about 45-48Mb. I'm aware banding release should be an automated process but for one reason or another, it hasn't removed my banding.

I've done a quiet line test, I don't have a diagnostic socket in my master socket MK4 Openreach. I've had my connection stable for weeks/months on end without dropouts.

I've called BT before and they cannot identify any faults and therefore won't do anything. I use a Openreach Modem but have also tried (briefly) with a HomeHub with the same results. 

Thanks,

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Banded (DLM) for > 12 months. No faults. What are my options?

Go to solution

are you able to provide any stats like you did before?

previously your max attainable was 38mb and your connection was 35mb with noise margin about normal 6db - has anything changed

if you remove the MK4 faceplate you should see the test socket which you can use with filter to test line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Largely the same but clearly still banded as my sync'd downstream bandwidth is set to exactly 35000

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

can you post stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

DiscoDave1_0-1673952879035.png

I'm aware my "Attainable" rate is not that much higher, but firstly, I'm able to get my attainable speed for upstream, and in the past my downstream attainable rate has been higher, and when BT have done changes to my line this has been higher.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @DiscoDave1

Thank you for your posts and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems with your broadband speed.  From the stats you've posted it does look like the profile is banded.  We'll be able to double check and give you a hand from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie, have replied.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@DiscoDave1 

your noise margin compared to previous stats you posted seems very high.

your connection time shows as zero is there a problem with stats

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @DiscoDave1, thanks for speaking with me earlier and just to confirm we've requested your profile to be reset to lift the banding on your profile. This should complete within 24hrs.

Cheers

John

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @DiscoDave1, thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier and confirm that the cap has been lifted now and your connection has improved.

Cheers

John