cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Better speeds/fibre

Hello I’m moving to a flat in April and I was looking into the internet around the are I rang up bt and various other providers they’ve came back and said the internet speed will between 15-18 download and ca guarantee 13 download as they explained fibre isn’t quite available due to nearest cabinet only being cooper wiring how do I know or what can I do to try get fibre or faster internet 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Better speeds/fibre

Try using your address and post results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hello won’t let me post a photo as it says the picture is too large 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

What results would you like ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

You need to use the camera icon. 

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

7BA1C6F9-B39B-4130-BD01-F1E98A2CA778.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

44135006-FAA6-451A-9679-3E1EC55B0FCD.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

As you can see you cannot get FTTC (VDSL) as the cabinet is full and there is a theoretical waiting list. The only broadband on offer is adsl2 hence the lower speeds. You just need to keep checking until you see available and the place order or ask for upgrade to fibre

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Will the speeds there offering be good enough for gaming,watching movies ect 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@Todd99 wrote:

Will the speeds there offering be good enough for gaming,watching movies ect 

@Todd99 

Yes it should be fine for watching SD movies and gaming, but gaming would work better when movies are not being streamed at the same time. Latency is usually lower on ADSL owing to the better connectivity in the exchange.

Some VDSL customers get less speed than ADSL, if they are a long distance from the cabinet. You must be fairly close to the exchange.

0 Ratings