cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband connection dropping constantly

Go to solution

In the Alderley Edge Area, SK9. For the past few days now the broadband keeps dropping, the router light starts flashing orange, goes to solid orange for a bit, then comes back on. I've done all the usual, it's clearly not hardware, sometimes it's off for a minute or so, sometimes it's 10-20 minutes.  Oh look at that, it's gone again.... I shall now wait for a minute until it comes back on again..... goes to find some drying paint to watch for a while... back on, great. 

I work online, I have zoom calls and so on, and my phone is VoIP, this is ridiculous. Every time I put my phone number into  the BT faults checker it says there is no known problem in the area. 

Does anyone has any info on anything happening in the SK9 area?

I can't contact BT at the moment about it as this is at the office and the broadband is in with the rent so the account is with the landlord. In the meantime I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an issue in this area? 

It's gone down about 6 times today so far, 8 times yesterday, both times it's happened from later in the afternoon.

Apologies if I've put this in the wrong section, difficult to figure out what I'm doing given that the internet keeps going down...

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband connection dropping constantly

Go to solution

@K3v1n 

Is this a Business Connection?

I assume it is, as you mentioned the office.

This is the BT Residential Customers forum

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband connection dropping constantly

Go to solution

Ah, OK thanks.

0 Ratings