cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 54

Re: Broadband upgrade not working - help

Go to solution

Assuming that the Ethernet cable between the ONT, and the home hub is fully pushed in until it clicks into place, then you have probably done everything you can.

Did you do a factory reset after changing the mode, as that may be needed.

There are other forum members here who may have other suggestions. Its possible that the home hub is faulty, or there is an authentication issue.

Message 12 of 54

Go to solution

It may be worth giving the FTTP team a call , they are on 0800 587 4787.

Message 13 of 54

Go to solution

Hi.  Yes We did a factory reset.

The hub was working perfectly on copper.

Thanks so much for taking the time to try to help. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 54

Go to solution

Its possibly an authentication issue. Try the FTTP team.

Sorry, I am out of ideas, but see if another forum member can help.

You should be able to track the progress via MyBT, as it should tell you whether service is activated, or whether there is an issue.

Message 15 of 54

Go to solution

There have been a few issues recently of the wrong ONT serial number being recorded against the account on  new installations. It would be worth verifying this with the FTTP team.

Message 16 of 54

Go to solution

Hi

Please can you tell me where I find the FTTP team?   Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 54

Go to solution

Thank you Keith 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 54

Go to solution

Please can you tell me where I find the FTTP team?   Thanks 

@KarrieB 

I posted the link earlier.

Message 19 of 54

Go to solution

If the PON light is steady green on the FTTP ONT , then the Openreach part is pretty much done , the only proviso being that the correct serial number for your ONT is entered ( otherwise although the ONT is live ( PON light steady indicates this ) it could be associated with the wrong ISP , so in effect you have connected a BT router to ( for example ) a Talk Talk circuit ….IMHO , that is less likely than BT have yet to configure your new FTTP service at BT’s end….presumably someone who is upgrading to FTTP from FTTC or ADSL with the same ISP , it needs the ISP ( when OR confirm the work in physically done ) to remove the old FTTC or ADSL configuration and enter a new FTTP configuration, I don’t know if this has to be done after the OR visit ,or can be done in advance,  but I suspect that your router is connected but you have no internet connection because your individual ‘profile’ ( access ) hasn’t been setup by BT yet ( or it’s done but with errors ) as already suggested, get onto the FTTP customer service number , they should be able to check this out , and also check your ONT serial number.

FYI, the OR cannot really guarantee to leave your FTTP line working , but they should be leaving it connected  ( steady PON light ) with dozens of ISP using Openreach , if it’s the ISP failure to do some work at their ‘end’ that is stopping you getting on line , all the OR tech can really do is advise the consumer to contact their ISP, and if they were able to ring up ‘BT’ and make enquiries on behalf of a BT customer they would have to offer the same level of service to every other ISP that uses OR, otherwise they get accused of favouring BT

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 54

Go to solution
  • Thank you for your reply.    I’ve spoken with BT again this morning and they say all is connected  at their end as it should be.   It’s just a upgrade so I don’t have a previous ISP to connect to.  They checked the serial number and said that’s was ok.   I have 2 lights on the power and PON
  •  
  • BT promised me the below which is why I  agreed as I work from home and can’t not have my non wifi computer not connected.

i understand what you are saying about the OR guys but if BT are promising the below and not delivering then that’s misleading and need to be brought to task 

Check you're good to go

Once everything is set up, we’ll demonstrate that your Fibre service is working and run a speed test.

• We'll make sure any devices you had connected before still work. If you've ordered anything new from us, such as a BT TV box, we'll make sure that works too.
  • We'll also show you how to access the wi-fi password and connect two additional devices.
0 Ratings