cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Broadband will not connect

Go to solution

The cables I was given don't fit in the broadband socket. The instructions don't even mention that, and the contents sheet doesn't mention a cable to go in there either

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

You need an RJ11 - RJ11 cable to connect the hub DSL socket to the socket on the right labelled broadband on the white master socket.

About 4 quid from Amazon.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

You need to start at the beginning, we can't guess what your setup is.

So once again, is this a new connection or did you have Internet previously?

You don't order a Hub & phone unless just moving phone service to Digital Voice on an existing connection.

Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

I believe it's a new connection, however, the previous owner was with BT and said it was fine.

If it helps, the router is called Smart Hub SH20A

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

Right, so you need the missing RJ11 cable. You can either battle BT's systems to try to get one sent out or follow @licquorice's suggestion to buy one. Screwfix , B&Q or I think I've even seen them in Asda if you want one today.

Edit: Assuming that your mother's activation date is confirmed as below. Equipment is normally sent out BEFORE activation.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

Have you had an email confirmation of the start date of your service? You don't just take over an existing connection, it is a new service.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

Alright then. How do I get bt to send me one? Every time I call them they ask for my phone number, so I enter it and get screeched at like I just called a demon 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

For the sake of £4 I wouldn't bother wasting hours of your time trying, just buy one. Your choice

Call 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

Bt are looking for a home phone number not mobile and if you got phone from BT then you must also have a home phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Of course it's also possible that this new connection will be FTTP, in which case you have the correct equipment pending the installation.

0 Ratings