cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Bt say I have no fttc

Go to solution

So, I was once with BT on fttc but about 4 years ago I moved over to Idnet. Now I am looking for a new isp and this includes BT once more. 

So heres the rub. According to BT, fibre is not available at my premises, despite the fact that i’m using it right now. 

I had this very same argument a couple of years ago and customer services simply would not accept that I already had fibre, despite the fact that it was BT/Openreach that fitted it and I had previously had fttc through BT.

other isps recognise my property as fibre available. Whats goin on?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Bt say I have no fttc

Go to solution

@Karnivor 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

If the FTTC  ‘cabinet’ isn’t full and showing ‘waiting list’ ( unlikely if other ISP are offering FTTC ) then how are you checking availability ? , 

If you are with IDNet , do you have telephony , if you do , did you port your number to them , are you checking with your phone number or using your  address, is there anything unusual about your address ( like a house name , or it’s a flat within a larger dwelling ) ?

In the first instance , post the checker return 

Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

sadly checker is unavailable atm.

when I moved over to IDNET, I transferred my number and internet service from BT to them. At the time of moving, I was already on fttc with BT, so somewhere buried in their archives is my old account.  I actually joined this forum when I was a BT customer and moved away because I was having problems with upload speeds (still do).

Ive just checked Plusnet using my telephone number and they can offer fttc, however if I check with Plusnet using only my postcode, they only offer broadband. The BT website doesnt offer a telephone number option. I have, in the past, spoken directly to BT about not offering fttc to me and at no point has anyone suggested I need to provide my current number. So, I presume that that cabinet is full but a postcode search wont identify that I am already a subscriber.

Woops.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@Karnivorwrote:

The checker is always available. Try again!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Karnivorwrote:

I just ran the checker with no issue.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

It appears that the checker doesn't like Safari. 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 161152.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

As can be seen, there isn’t a waiting list on the cabinet, so presumably if BT are saying you cannot get FTTC when other ISPs say you can , then presumably it’s an address issue, in that your address in whatever check BT do , isn’t giving BT the necessary response to progress an order.

I don’t know if you have only tried on line ordering or have actually called BT , but I suspect that you may need to call to progress an order, if on line attempts fail to offer what you know to be available , if whatever browser you originally used didn’t display the wholesale checker , perhaps that is also messing up any on line attempt to order , if you have tried calling and get the same response, then obviously it cannot be that.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

On this occasion, I have not yet contacted BT on a voice call. I did try Chat yesterday but it was continually busy with the usual “all our operators are busy” message.

I have previously spoken directly to BTCS but they were absolutely insistent that I couldn’t get fttc. They were not even receptive to the idea that I was actually already connected to it, suggesting that I must be mistaken.

TBH, this must be a problem with other potential customers who simply walk away once they are told that its not available. BT only ask for a postcode, they don’t drill down to address, nor do they ask for a telephone number, so there is no way that they can identify that I already have fibre installed.

Never mind, I appreciate all of the assistance provided here to identify the issue and I am now clear where the problem lies. I will simply move on and continue to find a different ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe thanks for highlighting this thread.

@Karnivor I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems placing an order for BT broadband. Can you run the same checker with your address details and not your number to see what results you get?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings