cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

CBT/ONT installs

Go to solution

I finally got my stage 1 install done today, 2 white unmarked vans arrived this morning and dug a small line from my garden to the front of my wall and pulled fibre cable through it.

I have a question, firstly the wire they brought to my house is not in a CBT, its just spun around with some yellow tape on my outside wall so I assume this would be ok with the weather etc correct?

Secondly my order stated that it would be estimated around 31 October for Stage 1 visit and 8 November (confirmed) for stage 2. Am I going to have to wait a month for someone to just run this cable to my ONT now even though the hard part is done or is there any chance OR pushes it forward?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: CBT/ONT installs

Go to solution

As you have had a small excavation in your garden it’s a reasonable assumption the  CBT that serves your address is in an underground jointing chamber ( joint box ) , the block that goes on your wall is a CSP .

With 2 stage installs , the first stage may or may not fit the CSP , if they don’t it doesn’t matter the second stage installer will , the cable coiled at the wall will be introduced into the CSP , and another cable ran to the location of the ONT by the second stage engineer .

Its possible that once the 1st stage is booked off as complete the second stage date is moved , but unlike the first stage , access is required inside your home,  so unless they can confirm with you a new  date then you may have to wait.

0 Ratings