cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

CRC errors and HEC errors online gaming issues

F9B8B011-3A76-4F54-AFF4-D43ACC6CB2CE.jpeg

Just purchased a unlocked hg612 to view line stats.

Can see high number of CRC errors and HEC errors on download and upload which possibly explains why my gaming connection is so bad in previous posts. (Gaming feels unresponsive, nothing registers and feels like opponent is 2 seconds ahead of me)

can anybody help explain how to get rid of these errors? I never used to have any issues when I used to have lower speed and higher ping however ever since an engineer visited, changed wiring and something in green cabinet which made the speed increase and ping decrease I’ve always had the same issues for gaming. 

im getting a download speed of 8mb yes I’m aware but it makes no difference whether I get 76 or 8, it’s the actual connection that’s causing me an issue

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: CRC errors and HEC errors online gaming issues

You can't get rid of the errors, any errors are caused by impairments to the line which require investigation by an engineer.

Have you checked the stats by telnetting into the HG612 rather than relying on the GUI figures which are supposedly not accurate.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

hi mate , did you ever get this resolved ?

ive had high CRC errors on 3 providers now and ive had issues exactly like how you described for the past 2 years .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The answer is still the same as @licquorice  gave.

0 Ratings