cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Cabinet ports

IMG_20220708_182708-picsay.jpg

 Oops. Connection time 3 days because the electric went off while we were out on Tuesday 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Thanks.

Your connection speed is right at the bottom of your expected speed range and unfortunately as you are on an ECI cabinet there will be no speed boost from G.INP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 24

I have no idea what an ECI is or G.INP 😂 all I know is, I know my line can get 70 odd Mbs, as I used to get it between 2012 and 2017. Since then, I've not gotten those speeds. Surely they're not going to downgrade the cabinet or the lines

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

No, it will be due to the effects of crosstalk as more customers have taken up service.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

If you haven’t already you need to connect in your master socket test port , this will eliminate any possible internal issues ( extension wiring, sockets etc ) and also , preferably with a corded phone , dial 17070 and take the quiet line test, any ‘noise’ , report the line noisy , this only applies if your telephony isn’t DV , but as already stated it could simply be that your connection is affected by crosstalk, which becomes more likely the more users on the FTTC cabinet , this isn’t a fault.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Does each street have their own cabinet? Or is it for a few streets surrounding it? My street only has 17 houses 😂 the cabinet is at the top of the street, across the other side of a roundabout.

Also, I don't have home phone anymore, I just signed up for the broadband only package, as of last month. Saves me £30 a month for something I never used anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Hi @davidamos 

Are you definitely on Fibre 2 (<80 mbps) and not Fibre 1 (<55 mbps). Looking at your maximum rate it appears to be Fibre 1.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

@VeteranISPUser 

The hub speed is not fixed at 55mb and up speed is 19mb confirming package is fibre 2 not fibre 1

@davidamos 

Broadband only may save you up to £5pm not £30 as you only save as not having ability to make/receive calls but you still pay line rental which is included n the package price

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Yep, you definitely won't save £30/m

Cabinets are located at strategic positions to serve quite a wide area.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Yep, I'm paying for fibre 2. Have been since 2019, yet my speed hasn't gone above around 50Mbs once in that time. 

My last bill was £61 for broadband at £44, inclusive calls to landline and mobile at £17. Renewed broadband only for £31.99

0 Ratings