cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Can I cancel my FTTP order if I don't like the connection route they choose?

Thanks - it would suit me better to have the CSP connecting through to a room on the 1st floor and not ground floor. Do you happen to know if they allow that?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Re: Can I cancel my FTTP order if I don't like the connection route they choose?

Yes, they have installed on the first floor before.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

If your property is served overhead , in the past the installer probably would prefer to install the master socket in a 1st floor room ( normally a bedroom ) as it’s less cable on wall , but as the fibre from the pole has to terminate on a CSP , before continuing to the location of the ONT ( using a different optical cable ) then the splice that is required in the CSP would be easier done on the ground floor , not at the top of a ladder.

To do what you want , would mean that the cable from the pole has to attach at a eves level , then be run to the ground floor level, then the ‘internal’ cable run back up the wall to the first floor level then taken inside the property , chances are the installer would do this , but I doubt you could get a guarantee that if the installer didn’t do exactly as you wanted you could simply say don’t bother …having said that , if after discussion about where the cables should run, you were not happy with where the installer was prepared to fit the ONT, (but before work starts) , you said ‘don’t bother’ , it’s likely that the job wouldn’t be booked off as done, giving you the opportunity to cancel the order.

Message 14 of 15

@iniltous  An Openreach engineer would most likely do as you stated but I doubt a conterator would do as they are paid by job and want to get it done as quickly as possile and on to the next one.

The CSP has to be on the ground floor due to the equipment to perform the splice.

The fact remains if  the customer is not happy with what the installer wishes to do then the customer  can refuse the install and the conract will be terminated. The install is always discussed first with the installer, contractor or Openreach one.

The OP needs to deicide if he wants FTTP or not.

Message 15 of 15

It would appear that this thread is making very heavy weather of this.

When the install engineer comes to install your broadband, you will be able to discuss what you want and if the engineer can not do as you wish he/she will give a reason as to why it can not be done and he/she will propose how it will be installed.

You will then have to decide if what the engineer proposes is acceptable to you and if it is not then you just stop the install in it tracks and cancel your order.

It will of course mean that you will not have FTTP installed because no matter which FTTP provider you choose, with the exception of Virgin, they all use the Openreach infrastructure and assuming that the install engineer is correct regarding why your chosen install route and the reason why it can not happen any following requests for FTTP will be met with the same proposed route.