cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can i have BT and Virgin installed

Hi, i have recently moved in with family to a largeish house. They already have Virgin installed so i didnt sort the house move for BT. However, am still paying a package for an empty house. 

Having used the Virgin for a while it is not handling the amount of people and the strength is poor. Father in law has agreed we can have BT installed as well if possible? 

Does anybody know if this is possible? 

Any feedback gratefully received 

Cheers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can i have BT and Virgin installed

Of course it is, just place an order, or better still, instigate a home move from your current service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

You might want to check what services are available to you over the Openreach infrastructure which is what BT uses: 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You can have both BT and Virgin.

If you have not cancelled your BT package you could still do a House Move.

You should check with the following link to see what sort of speeds you could expect to get. Use the address checker as the Virgin phone number will not work. It might not be any better than the Virgin speeds but at least you would not be competing for bandwidth in the house.

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thankyou for your responses. I should be able to get the same as what i am already paying for. I will instigate a house move as you guys have suggested. I will ring them tomorrow. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Rabovey you can also organise to home move your BT services via this link.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thankyou NeilO I will look at that also

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You say the 'stength' is poor?  If you are talking about WiFi strength a cheap MESH system will sort that out and if it doesnt due to for example thick walls, mansion sized house swicthing to BT wont make a jot of difference.

Personnaly my first question would be to Virgin to see what the maximum speed they can offer and go from there otherwise you may end up with a 2nd BT line which is really slow where you could have just upgraded your Virgin line.

0 Ratings