Late Jan, my line coming into the house (recent build, 8 years old) was corroded to which lead to the internet dropping. Voice line had long stopped working but thats's never been a need for that.
With the corroded cable, I was syncing around 80/20. With a new cable run, the max sync speed I get is now 59/18.
The line has been stable and connected for a number of days with no resets or anything. Per advise of BT, I've restarted the hub and its now 59/19
On a call with BT now trying to get the sync speed back to where it was but doesn't seem to be helping or working.
Any ideas on how to move forward?
I doubt very much you've had a new line run. Your 8yr old ones has 2 pairs, only one of which is used for connection. I imagine the engineer only swapped you to the other pair rather than a new line.
Please post a screenshot from the hub, Advanced settings/technical log/information.
Thanks for coming back. 100% a new cable from the entry point of the house. The previous engineer a few years back switched to the best pair as a run of a new cable would have been elsewhere in the house at the time and I was not comfortable with the options the engineer provided.
With the recent visit, he suggested a new cable was the only option and we agreed new placement in the garage. For this house the master socket is routed through an unknown route to the middle of the hallway. It was tapped at the grey housing box going into the wall, diverted into the garage, where the new master socket (mk4) sits with the router. From recollection it's a thick black cable on the outside going into the garage and then a white junction box on the inside switching to a thinner white cable.
The issue was with the old junction /termination into the house wasn't weatherproof, even though it has a grey thing over it, it lead to water to enter causing the corrosion on the line (or something like that)
See below for the router stats
I suggest you request a DLM reset it will take about 2 weeks. Post back then if no improvement.
Thanks. Via the call center? Any reason that I should give or will I expect pushback?
Best reason is lower sync speeds. Yes via CS I don't expect pushback but if so post back here.
Tried again with the help desk to get the DLM reset, but stated he wasn't able to do this and kept putting me on hold to speak to his "manager".
Are you able to help get this requested please?
Hi @Manvadher and thanks for posting.
I'm sorry you're having problems getting the DLM reset request sorted. I can help. I've dropped you a private message so please reply with the details and we'll take it from there.