cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cancelled appointments glitch - stick without service

Hello - appreciate there are other like messages on this but I can’t read them all bc well, I have no internet. Literally hanging out the window to try to get reception on 4g.

I have had two appointments for engineers with no shows only to learn they cancelled them on their end without telling us. Each time I get a confirmation text saying that my booking is confirmed and then a message saying my problem has been resolved and that I should call to book an appointment if not. I keep repeating my story each time and get the same assurances and I am so frustrated. 

Someone finally admitted that there was a duplicate fault number created and so OpenReach rejects the engineer request. They won’t accept an appointment until the old duplicate fault is cleared (they can only have one request per landline).  So basically I’m now stuck in a loop and BT can’t seem to override it. They have tried a manual override and I have to wait another 48 working hours (3 days from now) to see if it’s worked and then try booking a new appointment. I am told it is out their hands and it’s OpenReach so clearly no real guarantees this will work. 

They keep raising complaint tickets and telling me someone will contact me. I am so beyond frustrated and I’ve lost faith that any resolution will come from this. 

Any suggestions of what I can do?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cancelled appointments glitch - stick without service

@Ashibs 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who may post here.

Is this a fault on a service that was working, or is this an order for a new broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Keith_Beddoe - it’s on an existing broadband line. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

How many days has your connection been down?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@Keith_Beddoe - 5 days

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

You will be entitled to automatic compensation.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

What does the last fault update show?

https://www.bt.com/help/report-and-track-your-bt-problem

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes I definitely will be following up on compensation but the bigger concern is just having this an engineer come and look. The tracked fault is still there with an appointment booked for Monday but I’ve been told already it’s not accurate as there is a duplicate ticket and so the engineer will cancel. 

I basically need to get open reach to cancel the duplicate ticket and until they do I can’t get an engineer booked. BT says it’s out if their control but they’ve raised the issue but have no idea really if and when it will resolve… I’m just stuck in some computer glitch. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Same things just happened to me, thought I had an appointment booked for 8am today which was organised before christmas, checked before i go to sleep, turns out it’s been cancelled and “fault is resolved” even though my problem persists. Will be an angry call in the morning as this has been going on for a month 

Originally BT refused to send an engineer as a fault ticket was open with “ongoing checking” but a BT employee on the live chat was able to book me one. Now the checking was finished it overlapped the engineer booking and cancelled the appointment without my knowing. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I finally had this resolved after many many hours on customer service. In my case I needed to get them to confirm that a manual override has been completed with OpenReach so that there aren’t two duplicate tickets in the system. I would ask to escalate the call to a manager and get the manager to speak to the engineers. What I also did was raise a formal complaint and got through to the complaints line and spoke to someone who helped resolve this. 

In the end it was a faulty power cord (which apparently happens after about seven years). Glad it wasn’t serious but equally very very annoyed that this took a week to resolve with so many hours wasted trying to tell/reexplain my issue. 

good luck. 

0 Ratings