cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Capped at fiber1 speeds instead of fiber2

Go to solution

Hi all iv been trying to get bt to sort out my broadband speeds for almost a yeah tried phoning just to be told im getting the max speed thats possible. My router Data rate is 9.995 mbps / 48.98 but Maximum data rate is 25.682 / 68.348 im not sure whats going on. if someone here can help that would be great.

Web capture_6-6-2022_20478_my.bt.com.jpegWeb capture_6-6-2022_204227_192.168.1.254.jpegWeb capture_6-6-2022_203712_www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com.jpeg

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Capped at fiber1 speeds instead of fiber2

Go to solution

From the dslchecker results you had a 20mb up speed on 5th June suggesting fibre 2 but your hub appears to have restarted with virtually 10mb fibre 1 max.

Are you having connection problems with hub dropping connection or annual resets or maybe both.  Your max attainable form hub is 68mb which is within dslchecker expected range.

Something certainly seems odd

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply  I did have a fault for one day a couple of weeks ago but before that I was still getting the same speed as I getting now the router hasn't been dropping connection we had a power cut that's why the router had restarted

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

As I posted the odd thing is the checker showing hub up speed of 20mb which shows fibre 2 connection on 5th June and then dropped to virtually 10mb after power cut.

I have asked mods to look at your profile to see if fibre 1 or 2. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi I just looked at the event log it was the same before the power cut

03:21:00, 04 Jun.DSL Link Up: Down Rate=48980kbps, Up Rate=9995kbps; snr Margin Down=11.3dB, Up=16.3dB

03:21:00, 04 Jun.WAN Sensing Auto sensing Complete, interface selected

03:20:59, 04 Jun.WAN Sensing Auto sensing Running
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

It is also strange that your connection speed is not at fibre 1 max  of 55mb

Just leave it now and wait for mods to contact you. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, @stevenw78 welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your broadband speed. I've sent you a private message so you can send your details over to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Neil I'm just wondering if someone received my reply to your message as I have not had any messages back. I appreciate you guys are really busy. I just wasn't sure if I sent it right thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @stevenw78 and thanks for the message.

We deal with cases in turn but don't worry, we have your message and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you Imjolly. Neilo. and Robbiemac for all your help it's much appreciated 

Data rate:20 Mbps / 62.898 Mbps

Maximum data rate:25.418 Mbps / 73.628 Mbps

Thank you again