cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connected but no internet - action needed

Good morning,

I have had whole house (5 discs) FTTP broadband for a couple of months now and it has been brilliant and fairly stable. Starting last weekend we have been getting random drop-out of service, restarts and then all good again.

As of yesterday, devices are now being asked to open the web browser and log in! Of course, there's no login page so the browser times out and we are in a situation where the phone, laptop or whatever is connected to the wifi, the router (and discs) all have internet but no device has.

I've tried connecting via ethernet to the hub and browsed the admin pages but can't see any option (on or off) that could be causing our issue.

At the moment we are using the EE Hybrid connect option but really need to be back on our BT broadband. Any ideas, please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connected but no internet - action needed

Being asked to log in seems like you are trying to connect to the EE WiFi hotspot rather than your home network.

What lights are showing on the ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Have you reported the fault?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I had hoped that it was something that I could tweak on the Hub 2.0. However, I've now reported it and BT say they can see an issue going back over a week that requires an engineer - visit booked for Monday.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JCA2627,

Please post back and let us know how things go with the engineer on Monday.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings