cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connection & speed issues

Go to solution

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before.

We started having speed drop issues as well as connection issues a while ago, coincidentally around the time Openreach were working in the area on the poles etc. 

Since then our connection has been very unstable, speeds can range from 2Mbs up to 70 for download, uploads anything from 500Kbs to 20Mbs.

I have spoken with BT who have checked the line a few times, sometimes it's a good connection but others not so good.

Nothing has changed within our property but it is becoming increasingly more frustrating as we struggle to watch anything that needs to be streamed.

We have a SH2 with 3 discs.

I have gone in to the router settings, turned off 5Ghz to see if that would help but it didn't, changed the channels which worked for a day or so but now it seems to be back to being slow again.

Obviously prices are going up shortly, I'm already paying £60+ for something that's quite frankly not fit for purpose at the moment.

Any ideas what I could or should do?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection & speed issues

Go to solution

Do you have a telephone on the same line? If so carry out a quiet line test and if there i any noise, crackling etc. report it to BT. 

If any moisture has got into the line for example, it can cause noise on the telephone but also adversely affect the VDSL (Broadband), as can many other things.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, Yes it's digital so I'm not sure if that would make any difference?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If digital it is not a test you can perform. Try removing thw faceplate and connecting to the test socket with filter.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

We've spoken with neighbours this evening, all having the same issues as us so I assume that means it's something external as I expected.

As I said earlier it only started when they were working on the poles locally, fitting the stuff for full fibre to them.

If I knew when full fibre was going to be available it wouldn't be as bad but as it stands there seems to be no date for that, even though we were told prior to our last contract sign up in 2021 it would be within two year.

0 Ratings