cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connection dropping

We've had our BT Hub for about 3 years and it's been fine until the last few weeks.

But now the connection is dropping all the time and it's getting to be very frustrating - it's affecting all of our devices but TVs and computers are the most annoying (especially when watching a tense match on TV and the connection drops at an important moment).

I've tried the obvious solutions of rebooting devices, rebooting the router and moving the router.

I can't find an email for BT customer service, their text service isn't working for some reason and I don't fancy sitting in a long queue waiting for someone to answer the telephone.

Is there anyone from BT monitoring this thread who can provide a replacement router?

TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection dropping

Did you actually do a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash.  If that does not fix it then you need to phone CS 03301234150 and explain problem what you have tried and request replacement 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I pressed the recessed button for over 30 seconds, the lights didn't flash but when I let go there was a green light and the router restarted.

I then did a factory reset from the hub manager.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll call Customer Service. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Quick update:

I rang customer services and went through the various options after which I was connected to a pre-recorded message that said I would receive a text outlining the process.

I was cut off with no option to speak to a real person.

I've not received a text (and I'm not even sure if BT have my mobile number).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The saga continues:

Frustrated by my inability to contact customer services, I pressed the option to 'leave BT'.

I was immediately connected to a real human being who proceeded to sell me an upgrade to BT Halo 3+. which, he assured me, would be the answer to my problems.

The hybrid connect box has just arrived and I'm beginning to suspect this may be a red herring.

My first issue is the hybrid connect is reported to take 3 minutes to kick in whereas the problem I'm facing is intermittent connection dropping (not wholesale loss of service).

Secondly, my attempts to set up the hybrid connect device are being thwarted by the fact that I use a VPN as my first line of defence against malware - even when I pause the VPN, the setup process aborts.

How should I proceed? All constructive suggestions appreciated.

0 Ratings