cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Cut off after full fibre upgrade fail

• BT insisted I upgrade to full fibre but after they ripped out my original line they discovered full fibre is not available in my area and are refusing to reinstall my original broadband, which worked perfectly. My work and home life have suffered hugely as a result. I just want my original service back. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. (Supposed to be telephoned by manager today but no call).
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cut off after full fibre upgrade fail

@Vix 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

If you lost your existing BT copper pair service during a change to FTTP that’s pretty unusual as well as unfortunate because there is no reason to remove the copper service, FTTP is normally installed along side it , what’s more difficult to understand is , if it’s the case that there isn’t any FTTP in your area anyway , why would Openreach , or a contractor working for them waste their own time ‘ripping out’ the copper pair service, presumably the lack of FTTP would be realised by them long before they interfered with the copper pair , even if an order were accepted in error by BT , this all all seems very odd.

Unfortunately, unless you have a business line ( in which case you would be better off posting on the BT business forum , not this residential user forum ) then not being able to conduct your business isn’t any extra incentive to get your copper line back on, it’s a residential service with residential level of service.

If the FTTP order wasn’t completed ( and how could it be if there is no FTTP at your address ) , your copper pair service (account)  should still be exist in BT records , and assuming the FTTP order is now cancelled ( it should be if there isn’t even any FTTP to start with ) you should be able to report your copper line service as faulty and get Openreach to attend on that basis.

A BT rep may offer to look at this for you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Vix

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems with your order.  I understand you have lost your copper service during the install journey.  We can pick up from here and help until this is all sorted out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@iniltous - Thank you so much for your reply. All your extremely useful information gave me the confidence to call back and question the decision that I could not be put back on the copper. It turns out there are steps that can be taken (but perhaps not all the call-handling team know about them?). I am cautiously optimistic that I may have my original service back in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for taking the time to reply with all that info, it really made all the difference.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@Vixwrote:

@iniltous - Thank you so much for your reply. All your extremely useful information gave me the confidence to call back and question the decision that I could not be put back on the copper. It turns out there are steps that can be taken (but perhaps not all the call-handling team know about them?). I am cautiously optimistic that I may have my original service back in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for taking the time to reply with all that info, it really made all the difference.

And did you respond to @RobbieMac's post? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

What do you mean by, Ripped out my original line?

Are you saying an Engineer from Openreach or one if it’s Contractors came to your house, physically removed your existing Metallic Path Line and only then realised there is no actual FTTP Network in Situ?

Or are you just over exaggerating BT remotely switching off your Dial Tone and Broadband Connection?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@Carlusha Yes, I messaged him

Message 9 of 12

@36ULW  The contractor ripped out all the wiring that was inside my house and replaced with fibre hub. It has taken a week and a half to find out (or certainly to tell me) there is no fibre network in my area. Then the BT advisor told me yesterday that if I couldn’t get Fibre there was nothing more they could offer me and I would have to get my broadband from another supplier and actually suggested Virgin. This is why I was so worried.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

He ripped everything out, fitted an ONT but at no point even bothered to check there was a CBT there first. What an idiot.

I’d E-Mail both the BT and Openreach CEO’s and tell them to get someone down ASAP to sort it out.

0 Ratings