cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Decling speeds on orginal line and New line upload speed only 10mbps

It is normal for the spares in the current line to be used for the second so I don't see why C/S guy  was surprised.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Well the engineer I spoke to this morning was surprised as well.

Anyway BT did some tweaks and it the speeds for the download have dropped again to just above the threshhold.

So in 7 days I've now lost 12000Mbps of speed. This was the good line.

The second line upload is now down to 8500mbps. However download is at 59000mbps on this line.

Probably crosstalk on the lines.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

An Openreach engineer?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Well the original line has gone back into spec speeds Friday evening however the 2nd feed is now dropped down to 43Mbps download and 8Mbps upload.

The engineer came out but didn't come to the house would have been nice to be told they weren't coming. No update on the web site in regards to a fix so will chase tomorrow.

So gave them negative feedback.

Still better than virgin who kept on sending engineers to my house despite each engineer saying there's a fault in the cabinet which they refused to do anything about in a year. The irony is the BT line chugged along happily without any issues until I booted Virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Got a text please book an engineer. One line now below the download threshold again and still the low upload on the other connection.  Now using two BT business smart hubs in modem mode so they can't say it's the drayteks.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Well they fixed one line however the person was talking too didn't book the original line line is as that two had dropped down to 40mbps download.

The guys that came could see that their was an issue but since it wasn't on their ticket couldn't do anything about it.

They got the 2nd line back to 65mbps and 18mbps but it wasn't stable so had to stick interleave on it which dropped the speed down a bit but it's now in spec..

So internal engineer came out today plugged his modem in the socket and went yup seems to be stuck at 40mbps and it's not your equipment so rang it through for openreach to come out. 

So that's this Friday.

I've now noticed that BT are only advertising 60 mbps so have they reduced the top speed generally again?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

There seems to be a bizarre notion that BT reduce speeds, they don't, why would they.

The only things that determine speed are the package cap, DLM due to line problems or crosstalk from other users.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Before jumping to conclusions I was referring to the advertised speeds which used to be 80 then 67 but they now saying 60.

So nothing bizarre at all just a simple fact that when you enquire what speeds are available the higher speeds are no longer as they used to be.

Anyway engineer came and the fault was incorrectly booked as a dead phone line.

He did reset the dslam and the speed went up. However interestingly the single thread speed is now 12 to 15 Mbps while multithread is 58Mbps. Never had that before except on virgin for a while.

The other line is 55 Mbps on single and multi thread speed and 16 up which has dropped again.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

@The_PIT wrote:

I've now noticed that BT are only advertising 60 mbps so have they reduced the top speed generally again?

I think you need to re-read what you wrote.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

I don't need to reread anything what I said is factual.

0 Ratings