cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Delays with FTTP install- no current connection or mobile reception

Hi there, appreciate this is a community forum so tempering expectations but would be interested in feedback and your input please.

I've put in an FTTP order 14/07 when I moved to a new house- in summary at least 3 engineer visits for external works have been booked but I can only confirm 1 took place- 3rd/ most recent was definitely a no-show.  Order tracking is really unhelpful- every day that goes by it just pushes on the appointment saying an engineer is due that day- they never come.

I've read horror stories and am nervous I'll be without FTTP either for many months, or may not get it at all.  The wholesale says it will be an OH feed but there are line of sight issues.  (2nd engineer I spoke to said it would require someone with a cherry picker- she didn't have one- to cut back a high bush in my garden.  I am completely fine with that).

My real issue is I have no internet at all, nor any mobile connection- can't even get Edge.  It's creating massive isolation problems a month on- can't speak to anyone, order anything, and appreciate your kindness with this comment, but creating real mental health issues.

I asked BT is there any chance they could activate the copper line as an interim measure but was told no after pleading 😞  The 4G dongle would not help as there is no signal.

I fear I am trapped- BT are at the whim of Openreach I get it, but are there other angles I could be looking at?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Delays with FTTP install- no current connection or mobile reception

One option as it is your bush that is causing the problem is to rectify the problem yourself. Sounds harsh I know but it is a solution. It is your bush on your property after all.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hoist Drivers will only cut back small branches, they won’t cut back an entire bush, which I’m assuming is severely overgrown in it needs a Hoist to get to the top of it!

End of the day it’s on your land, you cut it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, I've not explained the issue properly or where I'm looking for input.  The bush is cut back- I did it.  The issue is Openreach subsequently make appointments- so I'm told when I call- but don't show.

Sadly that bit is out of my control and not something I expect this forum to offer help with.

What I was hoping to understand is what interim support could I ask of BT?  They've acknowledged the problem and opened a complaint, started clock for compensation etc.  But honestly that matters little to me.

Without any existing connection or mobile signal I'm totally cut off.  I could be stuck in limbo with Openreach for months.  Should I put in an order for a basic copper connection with someone else?  I can't be without any connectivity that long.  I was just curious on opinion.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Maybe speak to some neighbours and see if there is an alternative mobile network you can get a signal with ?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you- I did ask around and tried all the SIMs anyway but every neighbour is using wifi calling with their broadband. Sadly not an option for me unless BT fulfils this order.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Have you tried phoning them? When my street got fitted with FTTP I phoned them up, placed the order the openreach engineer came 2 weeks later to install.

0 Ratings