cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Full fibre has been down for 2 weeks.....

Hi

I am turning to this platform as I am not sure what to do. I have recently had the full fibre 900 bt installed. Switched from virgin media. When this was up and running it was a great service. Fast and reliable broadband.

I mostly work from home, so I rely on a good broadband service to carry out my work. Around 2 weeks ago my broadband suddenly stopped working, the bt smart hub just shows an orange light. 

BT have sent an engineer out to fix the issue, he wasn't able to identify the problem and tried switcher the router to no avail. It was then escalated to an open reach engineer. He came out and had no idea what was causing the issue, he replaced the modem. He finished his work saying its all working now, well it wasn't working and pointed it out to him. He said there was an issue in the area and once resolved you will be back up and running.

A day later, and on the phone to bt again, who said that the engineers note say that I needed a new router as this was the cause (first engineer tried this already). They are now sending me a new router out.

I have an alternative router at home which I know to be working and tried this, Internet still doesn't work. I know full well that the new one being sent won't work.

What are my options here? I really don't want to go back to virgin media. Is there a way this can actually be solved? As no one seems to know what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Full fibre has been down for 2 weeks.....

If you have a landline, dial 17070 and make sure your number is read back correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

what colour are lights on ONT - fibre modem?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The router is plugged into an ONT , the ONT needs to be plugged into a power outlet ,  there are a couple of LEDs you should have Lit Power , PON and Lan lit ( green ) and the LOS shouldn’t be lit….what is the status of the ONT LEDs ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I do not have a land-line.

The ONT appears to be operating fine. The power light is on, as well as the PON and the LAN which occasionally flickers. The open reach engineer said it was working fine and changed it just in case. 

I have tried the BT supplied router, I have tried netgear orbi router, and a new bt router is on the way, which I know won't work as the router doesn't appear to be issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

So the infrastructure should be OK ( the part Openreach are responsible for if the PON light is steady green ) , it may be the router , is the cable from the ONT plugged into  the correct WAN port and the setting on the router set as full fibre mode , or  ( more likely) your profile or configuration is missing or incorrect.

Call the FTTP team and check that they have the correct ONT serial number is recorded for your account and that your address is correct, the serial number  may be on a sticky label on the ONT cover , but I would check the manufactures label on the rear of the ONT , in case the wrong sticker was put on the case.
TBH , if you got an OR visit , changing the ONT ( and registering the new ONT serial number ) would have been worth doing 

Message 7 of 12

Thank you for the reply. 

As far as the supplied bt router I have not changed the settings from day one, not even sure how to change it on the bt hub. 

The correct ethernet cable is connected from the ONT to the back of the router to the correct WAN port.

Once I have received the new BT router it might be worth calling the FTTP team tomorrow and ask for what you suggested. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

But is the WAN port configured as a WAN port? Port 4 is either a LAN port or WAN port.

You need to make sure FTTP mode is enabled. Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet

fttpmode1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for your reply and I have just checked full fibre fttp mode is indeed on
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

OK this seems to have been the problem. 

Was on the phone to the full fibre team and after I mentioned this to them, they have indeed confirmed that there is a miss match. 

The open reach engineer did not match the new serial number of the new ONT box. 

Thank you for hight lighting this, it will take 3 to 5 working days for it to be resolved apparently. Will have to wait and see if it will fix it.