cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Different packages for neighbours??!

Hello all,

I’m trying to upgrade my broadband as my neighbour has a really good gaming package. Looking at offers as a new and existing member I don’t get the same packages as them? Any idea why or how? They are next door! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Different packages for neighbours??!

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The packages that BT offer change all the time so your neighbours particular deal may no longer be available.  You would assume that the speeds you could achieve would be the same as its only next door but it does sometimes vary depending on when the lines were installed.  If his line is routed differently to the exchange or connected to a different green cabinet which can happen if the lines weren't put in at the same time.  The way to check if you can get the same speeds is to put the postcode in on https://www.bt.com/broadband and select both addresses and it will tell you expected speeds and the deals available with speeds available on each.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I checked using the same postcode and just changed the house number. We are connected to the same green box as there is only one around here.

I checked the packages one after another and side by side on two phones. They get a different package cost, and it’s the house next door!?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

it would really help if you posted the information I requested as this will show what is available to you and what you actually have just now.  then we can take it from there but at the moment there is nothing to go on apart from your neighbour appears to get better connection than you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@saabinaThe postcode check is the last metric you should use as it is the most unreliable. (using BTWholesale checker)

Phone number is always best followed by address.

Before any existing customer checks for any deals the first thing to check is exactly what @imjolly has asked for.  Then we would know exactly what the customer can expect, if there is an issue with their line or not and perhaps advise them to contact retentions for a better deal.

Deals on BT's site are for new customers, not existing ones (as any other ISP).

An example. The ISP I am with offers 100mb for £28 pm to new customers rising to £44 pm after 18 months. I pay £22pm.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Phone BT 0800.800.030 and see what sort of deal you can negotiate. If you don't get what you want on the first try phone back later and try again.

0 Ratings