cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Does the latest ONT's have battery backup?

Go to solution

As per title. Does the latest ONT's have battery backup?

Just wondering if they do or not as I use a UPS and hopefully the engineer will be able to put the ONT beside all my other network gear in the living room including my UPS.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does the latest ONT's have battery backup?

Go to solution

Openreach do not provide battery backup any longer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Cheers my friend👍

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Is it possible to purchase a third party BBU that will work with it ?

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
If the mains supply fails then the ONT will have no power ( so no service ) , you could buy a uninterruptible power supply (UPS/BBU) and plug the ONT into that so that in the event of a main fail the ONT keeps working ( for a while ) , obviously the router would need to also be plugged into a UPS and depending on the phone instrument that could need power too
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@WelshDavewrote:

Is it possible to purchase a third party BBU that will work with it ?

It's no problem anyway mate as it's just running of my UPS, the UPS I have just powers my network gear and my 2 Synology NAS's which are set to auto shut down if a power failure occurs, which is why I bought it in the first place to protect my expensive HDD's and data. I'm only using 13% of the UPS so during an outage it gives me about 2 1/2 hours up time before powering down altogether, hopefully by that time the main power will have returned to normal 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@iniltouswrote:
If the mains supply fails then the ONT will have no power ( so no service ) , you could buy a uninterruptible power supply (UPS/BBU) and plug the ONT into that so that in the event of a main fail the ONT keeps working ( for a while ) , obviously the router would need to also be plugged into a UPS and depending on the phone instrument that could need power too

As stated in my original post I already use a UPS mate🙂

0 Ratings