cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Total loss of service

Had FTTP broadband installed 4 weeks ago which worked fine for 3 days before having a complete loss of signal. Engineer attended next day and said the fault was further up the line as light was not reaching the pole outside our house. Since then had many phone calls with BT but no sign of any work to fix or a firm fix date - keep getting arbitrary fix dates 3-4 days in the future which keep passing with no progress. Live in an extremely rural area with spotty 4G coverage making the mini hub unreliable at the best of times, and with digital voice down as well we are pretty much cut off altogether. Anyone know how I could escalate this to the right place? Getting on to a month now we have had no connection whatsoever which I find pretty unacceptable. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Total loss of service

Have any of your neighbours also converted to FTTP and are having the same issues  or are you currently the only one using the FTTP network on your pole ( if they are it would support the notion that the problem is upstream )….all you can really do is keep on at BT to get OR to rectify whatever the issue is, or at least give an explanation as to why the repair is taking so long.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Total loss of service

Thanks, I will call again today - neighbours not broadband enabled as far as I am aware but we did get told there was no "major" outage in our area (although this is pretty major for us) lots of new fibre was put in ducts and overhead from the road down our lane so it could be arising from a bad splice or broken cable anywhere really I guess, there was a fleet of installation engineers here daily to get it installed and now it's a struggle to get anyone to come back to fix it

0 Ratings