cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Dramatic drop in upload speed

Go to solution

Hi - have full fibre 900 and SH2.

We've never really gotten full download speed (generally around 350mb on wireless even next to the router) and not fixed after a technician visit. Have accepted that as a first world problem.

However, over last couple of days our upload speed has dropped dramatically from around the expected 100-110mb (which we did get even on wireless) to around 4mb. This is actually having an impact so want to get it fixed.

Spent an hour on chat this am - CS rep said they updated firmware and sorted some "glitches" on the network, but insists - as has been the general refrain - that we're getting the appropriate speeds to the router. Because we were getting the expected upload speed (even on wireless) before, this doesn't really ring true as something has both qualitatively and quantitatively changed.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Dramatic drop in upload speed

Go to solution

Hi @SpecialK7, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're not seeing the speeds you're expecting particularly with upload. Have you tried using only a wired device to the hub with all other connections disconnected and test to see what upload you're receiving?

If you're getting the speed ok then it would point to an internal issue.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2 . That makes sense - actually had to borrow a laptop to do this because none of ours have ethernet connections.

Having done it with direct ethernet connection have a max download of 482 and max upload of 21. I'm assuming that points to a problem with the router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for posting back @SpecialK7 and for trying to advice @JohnC2 gave you.

I am sorry for the upload speed problems you're having.  I'd expect a higher result than that over ethernet.  We can double check everything is set correctly.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I was getting about 120Mb/s, (less than the guaranteed minimum of 150Mb/s), before I went to London. Switched the computer off, came back a week later and switched the computer on again. The download speed had dropped from 120Mb/s to about 4Mb/s. A couple of hours spent on chat with someone and the only result was an engineer would call in a week. Switching the computer off, the hub off, doing a factory reset on the hub made no difference. In desperation this morning when I was struggling to connect to the internet I switched everything off at the mains switch. Waited a minute or so, switched back on and now I get 160Mb/s. This may be worth a try. Even if it doesn't work you won't be any worse off. Good luck.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @SpecialK7, thanks for getting back to me. It's great to know that you're now seeing the full speeds with the new hub 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings