cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 22

Re: FTTC

Normally I would agree with you. BUT I had 2 months of perfect use with the VR2100 , with no issues. 

Then out of the blue, something "changed" and this latency became an issue. Then RMA'ing the VR2100 for another , and the new one has the same issue from the start. 

I think this is a line issue, the main openreach box has been changed, the engineer said the old box had an issue, (which wasn't picked up on the auto testing from BT direct)  gave us a brand new box but the issue remains. 

I did somehow get a stable line for like 30 minutes with the VR2100 , but that was just pure luck, then it went again. 

Openreach are coming out tomorrow, I will find out 100% if the line is to blame, if not , then I have to start court proceedings against Ebuyer or TP Link as they are both refusing a refund. 

So i'll post back after Openreach have been. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 22

Re: FTTC

Yep, as many of you suggested, the routers are to blame. The line was near perfect, the engineer found a slight issue with the box, and fixed it but it wasn't effecting the line , it was just old. 

So I am arranging refund for the TP Link router.  Ironically when we tried it it literally died in front of us. lol lights went out and never came back on. 

I've lost faith in TP Link. 

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. 

0 Ratings