cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP 500mbps download speed OK, but upload speed capped at 20mbps

As tested with fast.com and other broadband speed testing services, as well as the MyBT Android app, my download speeds have been rock solid (direct ethernet connection to the BT SmartHub 2 switch, Otherwise with some expected performance degradation over WiFi, especially when transferring data via the "Complete WiFi" black discs).

So, top marks for download speeds consistency!

However, my upload speeds have been consistently bad since the service started (over a month ago). 20mbps tops, should be around 70mbps if I am not mistaken.

Help please? (I searched this forum and saw that other customers had this arbitrary limitation lifted, after asking politely 🙂

Regards, Daniel

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP 500mbps download speed OK, but upload speed capped at 20mbps

... I forgot to mention: yes, I did follow the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions on the BT website, the system acknowledged a "problem" (no details given), my SmartHub2 rebooted and the problem persisted, so I replied to the BT text message with CALLBACK (unfortunately outside of the engineer's working hours)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Good morning @danipipi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry that your upload speed hasn't improved as of yet. We can look into this for you and see if it's something that we can help with.

Check your private messages as you will have a message from me.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hello, thank you very much for your prompt reply. This morning I was on the phone with an engineer who told me to wait until my pending BT order is resolved (it's a long story ... Digital Voice hasn't been working for weeks now). I should know more soon, I will report back in this forum thread as soon as possible. Thank you, Daniel

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

You are very welcome @danipipi.

It would be good to know how you get on. We are here if you need us.

Thanks

DanielS 

0 Ratings