cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Upgrade to full fibre when available

Hello,

My current broadband contract with Now Broadband expires next month so i'm looking to move potentially to BT.

At the moment Fibre to premises is not available to me but my local telegraph pole has been upgraded so I believe it won't be too long until this option becomes available.

I've seen that certain BT Fibre to cabinet broadband options have the option to upgrade to full fibre to premises when it becomes available, but I can't see this option on BT Fibre 2. Does anyone know whether - regardless of what broadband tier I choose now, will I get the option to upgrade to full fibre mid contract?

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Upgrade to full fibre when available

Yes, you will always have the option to upgrade to full fibre once it becomes available. It will, however, involve commencing a new contract.

Message 3 of 12

Thats great, thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Now I have solved my first issue, I now have a further question / problem.

When I type my postcode into the BT site to see which broadband options I have.  The only option it comes up with is Standard broadband with a speed estimate of between 8-16mb. 

As stated in my earlier posts I currently have NOW broadband via openreach network which reliably gets speeds of 63MB.

When entering my postcode into Uswitch and similar sites I get 60mb speed predictions from Plusnet, Shell energy, SKY, Now broadband etc etc but BT does not show up

Does anyone have ideas why the BT site seems to think I will get such poor speeds?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Enter your full address in the checker and post a screenshot of the result. Edit out your address before posting but leave all other information.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

BT Broadband.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

You've cut off the right hand part of the screen where the interesting bit is shown. For VDSL, does it say available or (as I suspect) waiting list?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Sorry, What a Div!!

Screenshot.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Some columns are missing from the right hand side in particular “Availability”. Can you please show the complete chart?

Sorry late as usual 

Message 10 of 12

Yep, there you go. There are no spare ports left in the cabinet, that's why you can't get a faster speed with BT. The other ISPs appear not check whether there are any spare ports and blindly offer what is not available.

If you switch provider, you will lose the port you are currently using and there is no guarantee that you will get it back if somebody else jumps in first.

0 Ratings