cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

FTTP Appointment cancelled hours before and rescheduled with my permission!

Hi everyone.  

i signed up in December for the FTTP 900 service and received an appointment date for 20 Jan for install. Great stuff I thought…

the next week two openreach engineers turned up to feed the fibre from duct underground to my house.  They said after about an hour that they couldn’t do it as ducting was blocked and that civils would need to come out to unblock it.    A week later civils turn up and unlock the ducting after digging up the foot path etc.  they inform me that ducting is now sorted and that there’sa draw rope in the duct ready for the fibre to be pulled.   Great stuff I thought everything is going well.  

i receive messages via text, mybt app and email all confirming appointment going ahead on 20th jan.  I take the day off work.  Evening before 20th I notice on the my bt app the date has suddenly changed to 10 feb and says confirmed!

i never arranged this so I ring bt up who then ring openreach and they say yes, it’s cancelled because there’s a fault in my area with the fibre network apparently!

bt then send out a mini 4g hub ( as I’ve cancelled my virgin media in anticipation of getting full fibre). I’ve now had to spend ages on  phone to virgin to extend the disconnect date by a month.  

what is going on!!  It’s not a good impression by bt for a brand new customer is it?

Any advice anyone?  Is my next appointment going to actually turn up and connect me or will that get cancelled ?

thanks

0 Ratings