cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

FTTP Connection keeps stalling

Go to solution

Hi, I have been having problems with my Fibre connection for about six weeks. My connection became unstable and the hub kept rebooting, BT sent me a new Hub but although the rebooting issue was less frequent the stability issue was the same. Openreach sent engineers who said the line was ok but because I  had escalated the issue, they put me on a new fibre and tested the line end to end, but found no faults, they suspect it's an authentication issue. My connection works perfectly and then stalls for minutes and then restarts, this happens even if I am hardwired into the Hub and nothing else is connected to the Hub. I continually run ping tests and very high pings and fail tests coincide with my service interruption, has anyone any ideas on where I can go from here??

I am going to ask BT to send me a new HUB. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP Connection keeps stalling

Go to solution

When the service is interrupted, what happens to the light on the Hub - does it change colour?  Also, what happens to the lights on your ONT (the little white box that the Hub connects to)?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi,

Since I received the new hub , the lights on the hub or the ONT do not change to the best of my knowledge

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

If the lights aren't changing, that rules out any "authentication issue" - both the Hub and the ONT think their connections are okay (which does rather beg the question of why the Hub is rebooting).

Does your Hub get particularly warm, by any chance?

Given that the Hub has already been replaced, it seems unlikely that changing it again will solve the problem.

You could try power-cycling the ONT - just disconnect its power (or switch off at the socket) for a short period, then reconnect.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

thanks, but we have done all that already many times. no,  my hub is not very hot. i have had the connection on continuous test for the last hour and the connection has already dropped once for 70 seconds, note is wired directly to the hub. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

To establish if the problem lies with the hub, create a direct PPPoE connection to the ONT with your laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Ok, how do I do that ? Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

https://www.asus.com/me-en/support/faq/1044512/

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password BT