cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: FTTP Connection keeps stalling

Go to solution

Thanks, I am now connected directly to the ONT and running a continuous test. Can you advise the best test with email alerts? Many thanks Richard 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
I have  have connected directly to your ONT and to the  Internet, I have run various tests and I have actually found the same problems that I did when connected directly to the BT Hub, which is interesting. I have attached screen grabs showing OOKIA speed test with Latency pre-test and during download and upload, which shows very high latency and this compares with the ping test to the right of the screen, I took videos as well that show the fluctuation in latency in the OOkis test and the ping test, that match up well.
In 2021 I had a similar issue and it was light leakage at the box outside, I know openreach  changed all that and put me on a new fibre but there has to be something, maybe it’s an authenticating issue at the ONT?

Importantly,  should there be any light visible in the box mounted on my outside wall? because when I did a red light test there was a lot of red light leakage??
This is concerning as light leakage was my last issue?

I also took some reading at the end of the fibre in one I got -24.36 and the next -21,76 dbView recent photos.jpegImage 01-07-2024 at 19.53.jpegIMG_3512.jpegIMG_3514.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

How did you take those readings? Did you disconnect the fibre and connect to your own meter? Do you have the correct cleaning fluid etc for connecting back to the ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for your comments, I followed the same procedure as the Openreach engineer. 

0 Ratings