cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Down since installed on Thursday (13th) - Openreach Manual Booking, still waiting for call.

Hi all,

I had to book a manual appointment on the phone with BT, who said they send an email to Openreach and they get in touch with me - since their system won't let me book an engineer.

Just curious as to how long it usually is before Openreach get in touch?

I've rang up asking for an update, but BT say they can't do anything and it's up to Openreach to get in touch with me.

Thanks all.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Down since installed on Thursday (13th) - Openreach Manual Booking, still waiting for call.

FTTP down since installed ?, if that means you have had an installation that was never successfully completed , then the original job shouldn’t have been closed and Openreach should be resolving the issue that stopped the installation being successful, if the job was incorrectly booked off as completed when it wasn’t , then you would need to get BT to raise a fault, but you cannot raise a fault on something that has never been installed, so it would seem the installation hasn’t been closed and is still an active order.
If all the internal work , fitting the ONT etc, has been done it’s possible that you won’t need to be available for the engineer, but if there is still internal work and access to your home is needed then Openreach may need BT to make an new appointment with you , or they may simply turn up and if you are not in , leave a card with a number to call.
What lights are lit in the ONT , assuming the ONT was fitted .
AFAIK, Openreach cannot make ‘proper’ appointment with you , that needs BT , but they could , for example, on the original visit state that they would be back in the morning etc
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: FTTP Down since installed on Thursday (13th) - Openreach Manual Booking, still waiting for call.

That’s the thing - it was installed correctly. It worked. It was lovely. For about an hour.. then I went to the shops, came home, and there was a red light on the PON indicator on the ONT. Everything was set up correctly internally and externally and then it just… gave up. Obviously something to do with the incoming connection given the PON light is red, so hopefully shouldn’t need property access.

The order was marked as finished and complete before I raised a fault with BT, who said it wasn’t letting them book an engineer (they tried 7 times over 3 phone calls) so they’ve had to file a manual openreach engineer form and Openreach apparently will get in touch with me to book the engineer.

Just a bit of a weird one, since it was working, but then wasn’t when I came home. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi, @Shepley123 I'm really sorry to see you're recently installed FTTP broadband is not working. I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team with your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings