cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP Dtop out with lots

Hey,

On my FTTP 900 Service randomly in the day the internet drops out for a few mins but the PON light is stable.

I thought it was my MacBook but whilst streaming and on one device; watching CCTV on another and on a Teams call it dropped again. All devices disconnected. Few mins later they reconnected.

maybe the PON light goes off the ONt but it’s so quick I cannot check.

Does this screenshot show anything that can help? And what does it mean?

Thanks 

8750F36E-5B43-4088-948E-FCF91D6F9ACB.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP Dtop out with lots

Anyone have any advise about this?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If the PON light stays solid then could be a router issue, presumably your using WiFi and devices report the signal disppears?

Try a wired connection to the router and see if that maintains a connection, if that also drops try to logon to the router at that time and see what it reports.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

are you connected by wifi when you drop connection?  are you sure hub is dropping connection and not just your devices dropping wifi?  does light on hub change from blue?

can you post hub stats -  hub manager/advanced settings/technical log/information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@imjolly  I doubt the hub will hold any helpful stats for an FTTP service, they would be held by the ONT which isn't accessable by the user.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It will, you can extrapolate line drops from PPP resyncs.

0 Ratings